Why and How to Clean List Of Emails
When is the last time you cleaned your email list? If your answer is never than you are probably wasting all the money, time and effort on marketing to people who are not interested in your product/service.
Email list on average decline by 23% every year. One third doesn’t even bother opening your email and much less click on call to action. Then what is the point of talking communicating with them? This is the time where email cleaning comes in.
Email verification and email cleaning offers number of benefits like better click rate, less spam reports, reduced cost and fewer bounces.
We have already mentioned one of the main objectives to eliminate obsolete addresses and maintain the hygiene of mailing lists. Monitoring them will often make your investment worthwhile. So the ROI will be better as the campaigns reach the right recipients.
But, this is not the only reason why you should clean your lists.
It improves the ability to send. With clean lists, the percentage of subscribers who receive and open your emails becomes better. At the same time, the delivery becomes faster and it prevents users from blocking you.
Mishandling lists will have negative effects on your campaigns and your reputation on the Internet. Email Verification can control who you send emails to and prevent you from being branded as spam and decrease complaints against you.
How to Clean Mailing Lists
To have a clean mailing list you must start by having a good strategy. This will not only guarantee that you keep the right contacts, but in general, it will allow you to avoid email marketing errors that companies usually commit.
Among the actions you have to take to ensure the hygiene of your lists are the following:
- Be careful at the time of subscription. This will prevent false or erroneous emails from being added to the lists.
- Be sure to request permission from all prospects before you start sending emails. To do this, include check boxes and send personalized welcome emails.
- Create several mailing lists according to the objectives of the campaign and make sure to include each subscriber in the correct list.
- Apply data verifiers to make sure that the emails do not have errors.
- Allows subscribers to modify mail options.
- Create re-engagement campaigns for users who have time without opening messages.
- Use the online tools available to analyze and clean emails.
- Includes in each email the option to remove the subscription, with a form that is easy to understand.
You already know why it is important to clean the email list. Tell us with what frequencies you monitor the lists and if in doing so they have improved the results of the following campaigns.